Why I always sit in the front.

So about a week ago, I had to grab an uber somewhere and had one of the best conversations I've had in a really long time.

My uber driver was a father of two, both of his kids are overseas pursuing their studies and he was originally a migrant, now currently an Australian citizen.

-----------------------------------

SIDE TRACK : by the way, just wanted to note, I was sitting in front in the passenger seat, and I HIGHLY encourage everyone to do that if you're just taking an uber alone. And the reason why I say this, is because ;

1. It's a habit that's been carved into me. When I was a kid, my parents never liked it when I sat behind when it would just be one of them and I in the car, purely because they felt like me sitting behind would make them feel as if they were treated as just a driver. So, since then, I've always sat in front if it's just me and another person in the car. 

2. It is so much easier to have a great conversation with the driver when you're sitting next to them. It also makes them feel less like they're doing a service, and they are actually just driving a friend to a destination. (PROOF : when I arrived at my destination my uber driver thanked me for sitting in front because he said it felt like it was less of a service!)

-----------------------------------

ANYWAYS,

So we were talking about life in general, living in another country by yourself,  job opportunities, being in a relationship, etc and something he mentioned reminded me about a piece of advice my dad once told me, and that was ;

You can make any decision you want, but you have to be prepared to face the consequences of those decisions.

We are going to make so many choices in this lifetime, and there are going to be so many repercussions that come with those choices. Whether the outcome will be good or bad, there is always going to be a decision we make that ends up on bad terms, and we have to always be prepared to face the results of our choices.

ALSO, another thing we talked about was being in a relationship. (ok we going into deep personal stuff now)

It's always important to be okay by yourself first, before diving into a relationship. I am at a point in my life where I am not openly looking for a relationship, but if it happens, it happens. I don't mind being in a relationship, it's just that I'm not constantly searching to be in one. The best things in life happen when we least expect it, and when we are ready for it. For all my single buddies out there, it is OK to be single. (we're all in this together fam XD) There is no point being in a relationship if you are not ready to meet the other person halfway. It is not fair to you, or the other person. When the time is right, you'll know. You'll know when you'll be ready to commit to someone. And it could be anyone in the world. It could be someone you're about to meet really soon, someone you already know that you never realised you had a deep connection with, or someone in the past that you've completely forgotten about that pops up again in your life. All it takes is the right person, at the right time, in the right place. 

It is first and foremost, important to be happy with yourself. Because if you aren't even happy by yourself, how are you going to be able to be happy with someone else. Things eventually fall into place when we're ready for it. And you know what, if you know a certain someone that you vibe with and have been dying to progress further, just go for it. Life is too short to sit around thinking about the what ifs. I know it is THE MOST CLICHE THING IN THE WORLD TO SAY, but really, you'll never know if you don't try. And if you don't get the outcome that you want, hey, you would've come out learning something new about yourself. Though it may feel personal, honestly, it really isn't personal if a person doesn't feel the same way about you. That's just the way it goes. The first thing that matters is how you feel about yourself, and how you see yourself. In these last few years, I've learned to expect less from anyone and anything, and it's crazy because I find myself more pleasantly surprised by things or situations that I never saw coming. Be friendly, be genuine, be KIND, and most importantly, be true to yourself. Never jump into anything you're not ready for or with someone you don't really know. The right person that comes will help you grow as a person and will not drag you down. 

Be happy first

PS : this week's favourites are Take Your Time  and I'm With You, both by Vance Joy (aside from all the deadmau5 and kanye west I've been listening to)

Sincerely,
J





Comments

Popular Posts